Be Prepared for Your Next Commercial Mishap
50% of small businesses do not reopen after a major fire or water disaster occurs in their business
SERVPRO of N. Highlands and Rio Linda is here to mitigate this disaster 24/7 to help your business stay on track and out of harm's way. No matter what the size of the damage, by calling us you can help to make sure your business is not part of the 50% that close when disaster strikes. We will help to make it “Like it never even happened”, so you can get back to business as soon as possible. You can't schedule when the unthinkable will happen, but you can take the correct steps to mitigate it.
Locally owned, SERVPRO of North Highlands and Rio Linda are there for your commercial damage restoration needs. See other local Sacramento businesses and organizations we've already helped with before and after photos. Call SERVPRO of North Highlands and Rio Linda at 916-991-1522 24/7 if you need help, or visit our site for more information about our services.
Be Prepared for Sacramento’s Next Power Outage
You may not need a full "bug out bag", but there are some essential items to think about.
After any sort of storm, power outage, or other unforeseen emergency: you may need to be prepared for road closures for up to 72 hours. Depending on the nature of closures, whether it be a large flooding or water event or power outage here is what you should have to be prepared for you, your family, friends, and neighbors.
- Flashlights (One for each family member ideally)
- Battery-operated clock and radio
- Extra batteries for everything
- Non-perishable food, this could come in the form of canned, dried, dehydrated, or other foods
- A way to open and prepare all of these foods without electricity
- Plenty of bottled water, (many gallons), gallon water jugs are cheap and store well, so there is no reason not to keep a few around
- Keep a list of important phone numbers, and if relevant addresses and a map incase you lose access to the internet
- First aid kit, more than just a few bandages.
These are just the essentials, for more information and tips feel free to visit http://www.ready.gov/winter-weather. It may be summer now, but a power outage could happen at any time, and there's no better time to prepare for this fall and winter rainy season than now.
Should weather strike, and you need help, call SERVPRO of North Highlands and Rio Linda at (916) 991-1522, or visit our website for more information about our storm damage, water damage, fire damage, mold damage, commercial cleaning, or other services. We are locally owned and operated, and here to help you 24/7 with your disaster.
Grilling Tips from Your Friends at SERVPRO of North Highlands of Rio Linda
Sacramento grilling safety tips to keep this summer safe and fun.
Stay safe Sacramento, grilling tips to prevent fire this summer.
Year round Sacramento locals are injured while using their grills, whether they are gas powered or charcoal powered. Following these helpful safety tips can help Sacramento stay safe and prevent fires this summer:
- Keep your grill away from your house, as far as you reasonably can. Never use a grill under any overhangs wood or otherwise
- Make sure the grill has sturdy ground to sit on- prevent it from falling over
- Keep your grill clean to prevent unwanted fire
- Always supervise the grill while you are using it
- Use long tools to keep yourself safe while using the grill
- Make sure anyone not using the grill stays away from the grill
From your friends at the SERVPRO of North Highlands and Rio Linda, we wish Sacramento a safe and fire free summer. If you face fire, water, mold, home, or commercial damage, call us at (916) 991-1522, or visit our website for more information.
What to Do When Your Device Falls in Water
If you act fast, it may not be too late.
It’s something that will eventually happen to all of us, but with proper care you might be able to reverse your mistake.
Water itself isn’t conductive, but any water that isn’t specifically deionized will have minerals in it that will make it conductive. When water gets into your device, it will create a pathway between two points where electricity shouldn’t flow, creating a short.
- Get your device out of the water as fast as possible. Don’t put yourself in danger to do so, but grab it as soon as the mistakes been made. The longer your phone is in water, it becomes increasingly more likely that water will seep into your phone. This includes water resistant phones as well, water resistance doesn’t not mean waterproof and they are prone to allowing water inside of them under pressure as well.
- Turn your device off. This is the best way to ensure that a short does not occur if water is inside of the device.
- Dry device phone off as best as you can externally, but don’t use blow dryers. Blow dryers can heat the device and damage components. If you have silica packets or rice around, leave your phone in a container with them to allow the water to be wicked away.
- Wait a few days, water can be difficult to leave a phone and the rice or silica will need time to work.
- Turn it on to test. You may be in luck! Most phones, even if they still work, will always show that they have been water damaged with indicators that change color when this occurs.
For all of your other water damage needs, call SERVPRO of North Highlands and Rio Linda 24/7 at 916-991-1522, or visit our website for more information about water, mold, and fire damage.
SERVPRO of North Highlands and Rio Linda is Hiring!
Spread the word! SERVPRO of North Highlands/Rio Linda is hiring Fire and Water Damage restoration Production Crew Chiefs & Technicians.
We are seeking someone who is comfortable working hard in challenging situations, enjoys meeting new people, has excellent communication skills, and is a serious multi-tasker. If you are self-motivated and have superb interpersonal skills, then you'll thrive in this work environment.
As a valued SERVPRO® employee, you will receive a competitive pay rate, with opportunity to learn and advance. Compensation is $22,000-$66,000 per year depending on experience.
- Inventory and load the work vehicle with equipment, products, and supplies needed for each project.
- Maintain a clean and organized vehicle and clean equipment appearance.
- Maintain a clean and professional physical appearance.
- Prepare rooms/areas for work activities. Set up staging area and equipment for each project.
- Leave jobsite with a clean and orderly appearance.
- Perform production processes following SERVPRO® production guidelines per work order per crew chief directions.
- Ensure clear two-way communication with crew chief and other technicians (especially regarding customer needs and concerns).
- Perform end-of-day/end-of-job cleanup and breakdown. Leave jobsite with a clean and orderly appearance.
- Restoration Crew Chief should have 1-year Experience. Technicians can be trained.
- Effective oral communication
- Available to work overtime and at off-cycle hours
- Basic math skills
- Experience in cleaning/restoration preferred
- High school diploma/GED
- IICRC certifications WRT and FSRT required
- IICRC certifications ASD and AMRT preferred
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds regularly, occasionally up to 100 pounds with assistance
- Ability to climb ladders, work at ceiling heights, work in tight spaces (e.g., crawls spaces, attics)
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to repetitively push/pull/lift/carry objects
- Ability to work with/around cleaning products/chemicals
Experience is a Plus:
- Fire and Water Restoration
- Carpet Cleaning
- Contents/Structure Cleaning
- Construction Work
- Demo Work: 1
Call us at 916-991-1522 or email us at office@SERVPRO10057.com.
Help at your fingertips, what SERVPRO of North Highlands and Rio Linda can do to help you!
Cleaning services to suit your commercial needs
SERVPRO of North Highlands and Rio Linda have the commercial cleaning services you need. For a company that delivers superior results for any problem, SERVPRO is here for you. If you need a professional cleaning, emergency water or fire restoration, we can make it “Like it never even happened.”
Whether it is a small office building, large office building, apartment building, restaurant, hotel, retail store, residential, manufacturing, or school and government buildings, we are here for your timely and professional needs. Be sure to contact us when you need help with your property damage next.
For your cleaning service needs, visit our website or call us at (916) 991-1522. SERVPRO of North Highlands and Rio Linda are here for you.
Where to Start When Fire Damage Occurs
SERVPRO of North Highlands and Rio Linda provide professional fire damage services for commercial and non commercial needs
When a fire damage event occurs at your Sacramento business or commercial property, it is important to get damage repaired as quickly as possible. Fires often leave businesses or commercial properties in a state where business cannot continue, which is bad for your business. Keeping downtime to a minimum is crucial.
SERVPRO of North Highlands and Rio Linda is “Faster to Any Disaster”
Here are the first steps you should take with your business or home after a fire disaster.
Determine the scale of work required:
The first step in any Sacramento fire, commercial or residential, is to have a professional assessment done. Although it may be tempting to enter the property yourself after a fire to see the damage that has occurred; we strongly recommend against this. Fire damage creates a toxic and possibly harmful environment that should only be first assessed by professionals. Professionals will need to assess possible structural damage, as well as water damage from the efforts of firefighters. Further, smoke damage may cause damage throughout the Sacramento property even though the fire only affected one area.
Explore your options for repair:
With fire damage and possible water damage to your Sacramento home, there are many steps from start to finish to make your property “Like It Never Even Happened”. Depending on the extent of the damage, drywall may need to be removed if it has been damaged by smoke or water. Other damage may include carpeting, furniture, including upholstered furniture which will need to be professionally cleaned. By calling SERVPRO we will be there quickly and prepared to hand all of your cleaning needs after your Sacramento fire.
Guarantee timely results:
When working with SERVPRO of North Highlands and Rio Linda, you are receiving a service that handles all aspects of the damage restoration. This makes us the most timely, effective, and professional option to get your Sacramento commercial property or business back up and running as soon as possible.
If you have suffered Sacramento fire damage, and need help now, SERVPRO of North Highlands and Rio Linda can be reached on our website, or by culling us 24/7 at 916-991-1522.
Why You Need Professional Help With Your Sacramento Fire Damage
SERVPRO of North Highlands and Rio Linda can restore your fire damaged Sacramento property when you need it
When a fire damage event occurs at your Sacramento home or business, it is important to get damage repaired as quickly as possible. Fires often leave homes and businesses in a state the space is unusable. Keeping downtime to a minimum is crucial so you may get back to normal, “Like it never even happened”.
After a fire has been eliminated, the largest secondary damage due to a fire becomes an immediate concern. Plenty of water damage can occur in the course of fighting a fire, resulting in damage to furniture, clothing, drywall, your ceiling, and floor. By utilizing state of the art techniques and equipment, SERVPRO quickly mitigates this secondary damage using wet-vacs, fans, dehumidifiers, and pumps.
Smoke is the next concern that needs professional attention after a fire. Smoke damage is quite substantive, and not just surface level. Smoke damage can become embedded in your walls, carpet, flooring, and furniture. Without professional assistance, this smoke damage will stay and linger for years after fire damage has occurred. Beyond this, soot also has a long lasting effect, and causes cosmetic damage by staining and discoloring your property.
It is tempting after a disaster such as fire damage to your Sacramento home to carry out the restoration process on without professional assistance, but the project will take longer, and be far less effective and returning your property to its original state. Hiring SERVPRO of North Highlands and Rio Linda will ensure that the project gets done right. Our professionals will help you to salvage your goods with our IICRC-trained technicians, and to solve the aforementioned issues caused by a fire with our specialized equipment and technicians.
When the unthinkable occurs, feel free to call SERVPRO of North Highlands and Rio Linda 24/7 at (916) 991-1522. We are a locally owned business with the national resources to solve your home or commercial needs.
Using Electronics Safely: Preventing Your Next Fire Disaster
Properly using your cords and electrical outlets can help to prevent fires in your home, keeping you and your family safe
From your friends at SERVPRO of North Highlands and Rio Linda, here are a few tips on staying safe with your electrical appliances in your home. When it comes to electricity, the degradation of cords and sockets can cause a “short” to occur between the wires, this sparking may cause a fire.
- Socket Guards - Install socket guards when not using a plug, they are cheap and simple and can protect children from injury
- Unplug, Not Pull - When unplugging an appliance, make sure to pull from the base of the plug and not the cord to prevent damage
- Replace Damaged Cords - If you spot a damaged cord or cable, be sure to replace it before the damage becomes worse.
- Running cords or cables under your carpet can cause them to degrade over time when people step on them, and if they do become damaged you cannot see it
- Know Your Power - Check the wattage rating on cords to avoid overloading them. Don’t overload any circuit, don’t daisy chain adapters so that you can plug more into one socket
- Leave The Ground - Never cut the third prong and remove the grounding ability from high-powered electronics
- When placing extension cables, don’t leave them hanging on metal surfaces, heated surfaces, or sharp surfaces
- When buying extension cords, ensure they are certified by organizations such as “UL Listed”
With these helpful tips, SERVPRO from North Highlands and Rio Linda hope you and your family will continue to be safe and disaster free. For all of your other cleaning and restoration needs visit our website or call us at (916) 991-1522.
Mold: Not Always a Visible Issue
When it comes to mold, it's not always the water you can see, but the water you can't.
Water damage big or small can lead rise to a serious mold problem. Small, unnoticeable leaks with little tangible water loss are just as susceptible to causing large mold issues as larger water losses. When water damage occurs, mold is a type of secondary water damage, that is why it is important to hire professionals such as SERVPRO to dry and restore these water damage issues before mold growth spreads throughout a property in as little as 48 hours. When it comes to mold restoration, here are the tools and techniques that we use to ensure the job has been done properly.
Moisture sensors, and moisture meters are both used to detect moisture on your walls, baseboards, and carpets. Moisture meters are a little more invasive, and detect moisture content of materials, with accurate results.
We can also measure the temperature and relative humidity of your property, allowing us to know the exact conditions we are attempting to dry your home under. Weather can always affect the effectiveness of drying techniques.
Agents are dispersed to help fight, and kill mold by penetrating sites with odor causing residues. Fungicides can also be injected into cavities to be effective against hard to reach mold.
When it comes to mold remediation, you need a professional. Call SERVPRO of North Highlands and Rio Linda for immediate, 24/7 help with your mold issue at (916) 991-1522.