Be Prepared for Sacramento’s Next Power Outage
After any sort of storm, power outage, or other unforeseen emergency: you may need to be prepared for road closures for up to 72 hours. Depending on the nature of closures, whether it be a large flooding or water event or power outage here is what you should have to be prepared for you, your family, friends, and neighbors.
- Flashlights (One for each family member ideally)
- Battery-operated clock and radio
- Extra batteries for everything
- Non-perishable food, this could come in the form of canned, dried, dehydrated, or other foods
- A way to open and prepare all of these foods without electricity
- Plenty of bottled water, (many gallons), gallon water jugs are cheap and store well, so there is no reason not to keep a few around
- Keep a list of important phone numbers, and if relevant addresses and a map incase you lose access to the internet
- First aid kit, more than just a few bandages.
These are just the essentials, for more information and tips feel free to visit http://www.ready.gov/winter-weather. It may be summer now, but a power outage could happen at any time, and there's no better time to prepare for this fall and winter rainy season than now.
Should weather strike, and you need help, call SERVPRO of North Highlands and Rio Linda at (916) 991-1522, or visit our website for more information about our storm damage, water damage, fire damage, mold damage, commercial cleaning, or other services. We are locally owned and operated, and here to help you 24/7 with your disaster.