Falling Trees Don't Have the Best Aim!
Local Sacramento home after this tree fell as a result of strong wind conditions.
Regardless of the season, bad weather can strike at anytime. What bad weather is might change person to person, but its smart to prepare for difficult weather in advance. Stockpiling a few items and preparing an emergency kit will help you stay safe. Here are a few items you can throw together for your home emergency kit.
- A battery operated weather radio will allow you to stay up to date with information, even when the power goes out. Having extra batteries for this, and your other devices can allow you to continue to have flashlights and communication during power outages.
When living in areas that can be cold, a small generator on hand is smart. If the power goes out, and you need to produce heat, the generator will put you on the safe side of this situation. Its also smart to purchase generators in off seasons, such as late spring, summer, or fall when they are cheaper and not in demand.
- Bad weather doesn’t always come when you're at home, so prepare your car for these situations as well. Make that next trip to Tahoe this summer just that much safer!
- Having a few extra non-expirable food items for these situations can be a pertinent decision as well. Bottled water is a must, but some other common items to buy include granola bars, soups, dry milk, and anything that comes in a can.
- If the next big storm in Sacramento causes damage to your property, be sure to call SERVPRO of Rio Linda and North Highlands to help you make it “Like it never even happened.” Call us at (916) 991-1522.
At SERVPRO North Highlands/ Rio Linda we have your back at anytime and anywhere
We Have Your Back
SERVPRO® of North Highlands/ Rio Linda has had its own reconstruction division for years. We are experienced and capable of large and small loss insurance claims and able to handle them from start to finish. This makes it easier for homeowners and speeds up the claim process, which also benefits your insurance company. We know they’re scary, which is why we are here to help you every step of the way.
Our teams are caring and compassionate and know just how to handle the situation at hand. We focus on restoring, not replacing, so any and all of your belongings that can be restored will be, and you can rest assured that they will be taken care of as though they are our own. We have special equipment, tools, and cleaning supplies to make sure that your life gets turned right side up, and you’re back on your way.
Happy Labor Day From SERVPRO
Happy Labor Day
Labor Day pays tribute to the contributions and achievements of American workers, and Labor Day 2020 occurs on Monday, September 2 (it’s traditionally observed on the first Monday in September). It was created by the labor movement in the late 19th century and became a federal holiday in 1894. Labor Day also symbolizes the end of summer for many Americans, and is celebrated with parties, parades and athletic events.
SERVPRO of North Highlands/Rio Linda hopes you are enjoying a work free relaxing Labor Day today. But if disaster does strike your home or business we know the importance of immediate action and are available 24 hours a day for emergencies because we know even small damage has the potential to cause serious structural damage.
Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
The #1 fire damage restoration service in Sacramento, and surrounding areas.
2020 Fire Damage
We handle clean up, sanitization, and restoration after fire and smoke damage.
Fire damage to your property, whether it’s residential or commercial, can be an overwhelming burden and oftentimes a traumatic experience. After you have taken care of your own physical welfare, it’s important to think about the destruction caused to your property. Here at SERVPRO North Highlands/ Rio Linda. We offer 24-hour fire damage restoration response to help you begin the process of restoring your property.
The first two days after experiencing fire damage are considered the “golden hours” of recovery. This is because a quick response can ensure the restoration and recovery of as much property as possible. The soot and smoke that lie in your property will continue to linger well after the fire has gone out. This can accelerate the corrosion of the structure and degrade the integrity of the building, leading to further deterioration. The dry chemicals and water that go into putting out a large fire coupled with toxic smoke need to be dealt with immediately.
SERVPRO North Highlands can help with that immediately. Call Us Today
SERVPRO North Highlands/ Rio Linda We Are The Experts, Always Here To Help
SERVPRO North Highlands/ Rio Linda are the experts for you
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets, and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
SERVPRO North Highlands/ Rio Linda can help you remove mold quickly
Brown Mold Growing
Many people think mold is little more than a nuisance; the reality of the situation is that mold is horrifically dangerous--to both you and your home. Mold moves in silence, contaminating the infected area swiftly
Mold can be seen in many different colors (ie. brown, green, and black) and often times appears as spots. Additionally, a musty odor may be present. While it is impossible to eliminate all mold spores in an indoor environment, the mold spores will not grow in the absence of moisture. Thus, controlling moisture is the key to preventing mold growth.
If you suspect you may have mold in your household, it is best to call a specialist. Many a time people will attempt to resolve the matter by themselves, resorting to common items such as bleach in an effort to drive back the infestation. This is a bad idea. Not only is this putting getting you within range of mold, it may worsen the situation. Moreover, the cause of the problem must be remedied first before taking any further action.
It is wise to avoid using your homemade remedies to minimize the issue and let a professional handle it for you. If you suspect or you see that you have a mold issue in your home SERVPRO North Highlands/ Rio Linda, call us, and we will immediately respond to solve your problem before it worsens.
Don't put your home in danger, SERVPRO North Highlands/ Rio Linda can help.
Fire Safety 2020
The first and most important step to take after a fire is to make sure that you and your loved ones are safe. Should anyone feel at all ill, it is imperative that you seek medical attention.
The best decision you can make when your home is exposed to fire is to rely on an expert for the safest cleanup methods. Certain tools and knowledge are required in taking the necessary precautions to get your home back to its original condition post fire.
What NOT To Do After A Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting your SERVPRO
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat, or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat, or water.
Are you running out of time?
The IIRC (Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification), a globally recognized leader in all types of remediation, identifies these time windows:
- Within minutes
Porous materials and synthetics must be immediately addressed to prevent permanent discoloration.
- Within hours to days
Wooden furniture, flooring, painted walls, and clothing can become permanently stained if not addressed within hours to days of damage, and metal surfaces will at this point begin to rust, pit, and corrode, requiring refinishing or replacement.
- Within weeks
Prolonged soot exposure will embed itself in the fibers and surfaces, resulting in a longer, more costly restoration with a higher likelihood of replacement.
How important is it to protect your home from water damage ?
Water Leak Can Damage Your House
Water coming from the ceiling is a symptom of some other home system that is leaking. When a ceiling shows signs of water damage and dripping water, the place to look is in one of two home systems: the roofing system or the plumbing system. Ceiling leaks may be evidenced by actual water dripping down, but before the problem escalates to that point, you may see blistered or peeling paint, or discoloration over a spot in the ceiling.
It also could also be a pipe burst
Follow these steps to control damages from a broken pipe:
- Immediately turn off your home’s water supply at the main cutoff valve.
- Drain pipes by running cold water faucets and flushing toilets.
- Locate and fix the break with epoxy putty or a pipe repair clamp.
- Thoroughly dry affected areas by running fans for approximately 2-5 days depending on the severity.
If repairs and cleanup turn out to be more than you can handle, contact your insurance company. Most homeowner policies cover burst pipe water damage, and you should let your agent know you'd like to hire SERVPRO North Highlands/Rio Linda.
Our teams are always ready to help you with busted pipes, water damage and repairs. We take care of it all, and we also offer certified mold remediation services. When a broken pipe at the house tries to ruin your winter, give us a call here at SERVPRO North Highlands/Rio Linda.
WHAT EQUIPMENT IS USED TO REPAIR & RESTORE A HOME
House Fire Damage
These cleaning agents are available in various dilution options, so we will never apply too much to sensitive areas of your home. Depending on the extent of the soot debris that has accumulated around your home, we have special products for use on your home's carpeted areas. These gentle products are stain-resistant, so you can rest assured that we will restore your home without causing further damage.
All of the smoke and soot removal products we use are non-greasy and won't leave any unwanted residue behind. They work well for removing heavy smoke odors that have infiltrated your home.
Our contractors use these cleaning products and dry cleaning soot sponges to efficiently remove soot and silt debris from your property.
We Are Always Here For Our Customers SERVPRO North Highlands/ Rio Linda.
12 Tips for Using Your Fireplace
Fire Tips 2020
Using the fireplace for the first time after the summer or fall puts you at a risk for accidental fire, so here are 12 helpful tips to make sure your fireplaces and wood stoves are fire-safe.
- Have your chimney or wood stove inspected and cleaned annually by a certified chimney specialist.
- Clear the area around the hearth of debris, decorations and flammable materials.
- Leave glass doors open while burning a fire. Leaving the doors open ensures that the fire receives enough air to ensure complete combustion and keeps creosote from building up in the chimney.
- Close glass doors when the fire is out to keep air from the chimney getting into the room. Most glass fireplace doors have a metal mesh screen which should be closed when the glass doors are open. This mesh screen helps keep embers from getting out of the fireplace area.
- Always use a metal mesh screen with fireplaces that do not have a glass fireplace door.
- Install stovepipe thermometers to help monitor flue temperatures.
- Keep air inlets on wood stoves open, and never restrict air supply to fireplaces. Otherwise you may cause creosote buildup that could lead to a chimney fire.
- Use fire-resistant materials on walls around wood stoves.
- Stack firewood outdoors at least 30 feet away from your home.
- Keep the roof clear of leaves, pine needles and other debris.
- Cover the chimney with a mesh screen spark.
- Remove branches hanging above the chimney, flues or vents.
If you or your family need any help, don't hesitate to call u at SERVPRO North Highlands/ Rio Linda