Did you winterize your commercial property?
Winter is officially here!
Did you remember to winterize your commercial building? In the North Highlands / Rio Linda area we get some pretty cold winter nights. During those cold nights our commercial properties could experience pipes freezing and they can crack causing a significant water loss. This kind of loss is very frustrating and could cause more damage than we think.
If your commercial property has experienced a significant water loss from a cracked water pipe, follow these few simple tips:
- Turn off the main water valve immediately
- If any flooding occurred and power cords and plugs are affected shut off power to those rooms.
- Call the professions.
If you have a water loss of any type call our highly trained technicians at SERVPRO of North Highlands / Rio Linda are ready to assist you to restore your property. Our staff is available for you 24/7 at 916-991-1522.
How will you be safe and prepared this flood season?
Flooding in Linda, California February 1986. Screenshot from The Forgotten Flood
Historically Sacramento’s worse floods have been in January and February
SERVPRO of North Highlands / Rio Linda wants everyone in the community to be prepared and safe during flooding season. You can prepare for a flooding emergency before it happens.
Before a Flood Prepare
- Know the risk of flooding in your area and get flood insurance if in a flood area. (Home insurance does not cover water that comes into a house from outside, you need flood specified insurance to be covered. Talk to your agent and know you are covered.)
- Elevate the furnace, water heater, and electric panel in your home if you live in an area that has a high flood risk.
- Install “check valves” to prevent flood water from backing up into the drains of your home.
- Keep a good amount of water bottles in your home ready in case of any emergency.
- If in a high risk flood area you may want to construct barriers to stop floodwaters from entering your home. Also stock up on sandbags ahead of time! During a flood watch sandbag locations can be found by calling 311. (In past years, local suppliers of sandbags have ran out as the rain continued and flooding got worse so it is important to be prepared ahead of time.)
- Follow the directions provided via media and by the Police and Fire Departments to ensure that you are heading in the safest possible direction.
- Create a plan and practice the plan. Talk with family members about where to go and what to do during a flood emergency. (Practicing your plan with your family helps the whole family but is especially helpful to the younger ones in your family. It can not only help them know exactly what to do in the situation but also help keep them from being as scared during the flood.)
- Don’t forget your pets! Have an emergency kit ready for them as well including their transportation needs, carriers, and leashes.
- Have an emergency kit ready to go stocked with
- Copies of important documents (insurance and credit cards, birth certificates, deeds, photo IDs, proof of address, etc.) and cash in small bills kept in a waterproof container
- Extra set of car and house keys
- Bottled water and nonperishable food, such as energy or granola bars
- Flashlight with extra batteries, though LED flashlights are recommended
- Battery-operated AM/FM radio
- Extra chargers and batteries for mobile phones and devices
- Extra medication and a list of the medications each family member takes, why they take them and their dosages
- First-aid kit
- Notepad and pen
- Contact and meeting place information for your household, and a small regional map
- Lightweight rain gear and a Mylar blanket
During Flood Safety Tips
- If you can safely, turn off all utilities to your home before leaving.
- Turn Around, Don’t Drown! Avoid walking or driving through flood waters.
- Just 6 inches of moving water can knock you down, and 2 feet of water can sweep your vehicle away.
- If floodwaters rise around your car but the water is not moving, abandon the car and move to higher ground. Do not leave the car and enter moving water.
- If there is a downed power line Stay away and keep others away from them. Call 9-1-1 immediately to report the location of a downed line.
- Return home only if your area has been cleared to reenter by local Police and Fire Departments.
- Avoid moving water.
- Stay away from damaged areas and any areas under water, unless your assistance has been specifically requested by police, fire, or relief organization.
- Red Cross provides great information on what to do after a flood and has numbers available for help.
We are here to help you every step of the way
Remember, SERVPRO of North Highlands / Rio Linda is here for you. We want everyone to be safe and will help answer questions and concerns you may have about flooding and coverage in your area. You can give us a call at 916-991-1522. We have a trained professional available 24 hours a day for all emergencies.
Maintain your property throughout the year!
HAPPY NEW YEAR’S!!!
Our team here at SERVPRO of North Highlands / Rio Linda hopes that everyone has a fun and safe New Year’s!
Here are just a few tips to help you maintain your property going into the New Year!
- Test all your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Clean your gutters.
- Get your HVAC serviced.
- Throw out unwanted garbage and debris from home.
- Check your roof, decks, and fences.
It is important to take care of your property throughout the year to avoid any problems.
If you do unfortunately have a loss or have any questions feel free to call our experts at SERVPRO of North Highlands / Rio Linda, and we will be able to help you! You can reach our helpful and friendly staff 24/7 at 916-991-1522.
Do you have an Emergency Ready Kit?
With it being winter season it is important to have an emergency ready kit available in your home. With living in North Highlands / Rio Linda it is important to stay prepared in case a winter storm hits and causes a power outage for multiple days. When creating an emergency ready kit you want to make sure you have enough items for at least 72hrs. Here are a few necessities to have ready:
- Flashlights for each family member.
- Extra batteries.
- Battery operated radio
- Candles (matches).
- Non-perishable food.
- Hand can opener.
- Water bottles.
- First aid kit.
It is important that every family member knows where you are going to store these items for your emergency ready kit. It is also important to periodically check to make sure everything is fully stocked in your emergency ready kit.
Let SERVPRO of North Highlands / Rio Linda know if you have a loss we can help with. You can contact our office at 916-991-1522.
It’s Halloween, go totally catty, batty, deadly, ghostly and scary!
"Trick or treat, bags of sweets, ghosts are walking down the street"! Happy Halloween, SERVPRO of North Highlands / Rio Linda.
Wishing all a safe, happy, scary, and sweet candy filled Halloween! From all of us here at SERVPRO of North Highlands / Rio Linda.
Many people know SERVPRO of North Highlands / Rio Linda to be the fire, water, and mold Restoration Company. People recognize our technicians driving around in green cars, or parked outside their neighbor’s house. But our green vehicles aren’t just green for any reason, they are green to symbolize how we stand out to our community by helping out however we can.
Our team here at SERVPRO of North Highlands / Rio Linda believes in supporting our community. We are involved with several community events and we sponsor several organizations in the North Highlands and Rio Linda community. We sponsor our local schools, sports teams, and small businesses. We also attend annual events thrown by the community like the Farm and Tractor days where we go out and show our support.
We believe in connecting with our community on another level to gain a trusting relationship with our customers so they feel comfortable when they call us to do the job. If you ever need the help from SERVPRO of North Highlands / Rio Linda give us a call at 916-991-1522. Our technicians will get in our recognizable bright green vehicles and be on the way any time of the day, no matter the size of the damage.
Join Us For Our Halloween Trick~or~Treat Event
"Trick or Treat! Be so sweet! Give me something good to eat!" Please join us for our trick or treat event.
October 30th from 3:00-4:00PM for our local Trick~or~Treat Event.
It will be at our office 5704 Dry Creek Rd. Look for the large SERVPRO of North Highlands / Rio Linda sign.
It is a free event for kids to pick up candy and participate in the costume contest for a prize.
We hope to see everyone there!
If you have any questions feel free to give us a call 916-991-1522
Do you love your furry friends but not the fur they leave behind?
Our GM's "Fur Babies" as he calls them. Left: Daisy being cute. Right: Roxie being... Roxie.
As the days get colder does your pet spend more time inside the house with you?
SERVPRO of North Highlands / Rio Linda cleans pet hair and odors and refreshes your home!
During the cold winter months, our furry friends like dogs and cats who would normally spend many hours a day outdoors are forced to stay inside where it is warm. Now your carpet is covered in shed hair and that corner where Fido had his accident has never quite smelled the same.
SERVPRO can help!
Our professional cleaning services can clean and remove odors from your carpets and upholstery and refresh your home.
Call us today 916-991-1522 and get a free and easy over-the-phone estimate!
Need carpets cleaned? Tell us how many rooms and if we need to move furniture.
Need upholstery cleaned? Tell us what you need cleaned and keep a tape measurer on hand in case our professional estimates need any additional info.
That's all you need to get an easy hassle free estimate without even needing to leave your house, or wait for someone to come by.
What are you waiting for? Call 916-991-1522 for a free estimate today!
Keep Your Business and Mind at Ease, Thanks to the Professionals at SERVPRO of North Highlands / Rio Linda
From creepy cob webs to disastrous floods, SERVPRO of North Highlands / Rio Linda is ready for your call 24/7 - 916-991-1522
But What About Your Business?
You may not worry about a little bit of cobwebs and dust around your home but your business is a different story. Here at SERVPRO of North Highlands / Rio Linda we understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. You don’t have time to worry about the common wear and tear that gradually soils your office. When grime, odor and moisture challenges go beyond the scope of your regular janitorial staff, call in your SERVPRO of North Highlands / Rio Linda. Whether it’s removing an odor problem or deep cleaning flooring or carpets, you can rely on our professional at SERVPRO of North Highlands / Rio Linda to make your workspace look its very best.
SPECIALTY CLEANING SERVICES
SERVPRO of North Highlands / Rio Linda offer cleaning services ranging from cleaning restaurant hoods to removing bio-hazard contaminants. We have the specialized training and exclusive cleaning products to get your property back to business. Our cleaning services include the following:
- Odor Removal
- Trauma and Crime Scene
- Ceilings, Floors, and Walls
- Drapes and Blinds
- Carpet and Upholstery
NO JOB IS TOO LARGE!
At SERVPRO of North Highlands / Rio Linda we have years of experience cleaning an array of different types of business in the surrounding and greater Sacramento area.
Some examples are:
- Property Management / Rental Facilities
- Medical / Hospital Facilities
- Retirement Homes
- Education Facilities
- Government Facilities
- Food Service Facilities
- Food Truck / Trailers
- Office Buildings of All Sizes
- Mall Department Stores
- Drug Stores
- Entertainment Facilities
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – 916-991-1522
SERVPRO of North Highlands / Rio Linda provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
Happy Labor Day
Happy Labor Day from all of us at SERVPRO of North Highlands/Rio Linda
Labor Day is a day to honor the men and women who fought tirelessly for workers’ rights, which are so critical to our nations strong and successful labor force.
It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things. – Theodor Roosevelt
SERVPRO of North Highlands/Rio Linda hopes you are enjoying a work free relaxing Labor Day today. But if disaster does strike your home or business we know the importance of immediate action and are available 24 hours a day for emergencies because we know even small damage has the potential to cause serious structural damage.
Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of North Highlands/Rio Linda
SERVPRO of North Highlands/Rio Linda specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Here at SERVPRO of North Highlands/Rio Linda One of professionals answers the phone ready to help at any hour!
Call Today 916-991-1522
You can count on SERVPRO of North Highlands / Rio Linda!
When you have water, fire, or mold damage done to your home and need to get your property back to the way it was before your loss, you’re going to want to a company that you can trust. Most home or business owners want to use a company that has the knowledge and specialized equipment to ensure the job is done correctly. Our specialized equipment like our dehumidifiers and air movers help us dry in a timely manner to get you and your property back into your daily routine.
Our team at SERVPRO of North Highlands / Rio Linda is that trusting company the customers want to use because we are dependable and do exceptional services. We ensure that all of our technicians are professional and use the specialized equipment that best fits your property’s needs. Our team also documents everything we do during the process so we can ensure our customers that we aren’t taking any short cuts and doing the job correctly.
Feel free to call the experts at SERVPRO of North Highlands / Rio Linda at 916-991-1522.