Bedroom Doors Sticking?
Rainy weather may cause there to be more moisture in the air of your property. But if after the rain has stopped you still notice a muggy atmosphere with mildew smell and you have a crawl space, you may have water under your property that is not drying.
Storms can cause flooding and puddling under your property in the crawlspace. Under your property is dark and can be cool, or even humid. This humidity can also be felt inside your home and even cause small nuisance like swelling doors.
- So if the atmosphere in your home smells mildewy, feels muggy, and your doors are sticking after a storm it might be due to moisture in your crawlspace.
SERVPRO of North Highlands / Rio Linda are no strangers to crawling under houses to find moisture. We have helped countless in the greater Sacramento area. If you have any questions or concerns call us today 916-991-1522.
Fire Pit Safety
Fire pits are a somewhat popular aesthetic in the backyard now. Since it is a “Fire” pit there is always the possibility of a fire accident involving your property. Here are some tips to help keep you and your property safe.
- Make sure that your fire pit is at least 10 feet away from your home or any other structure. 25 feet is considered an optimal distance.
- If you have a movable fire pit, avoid placing it on grass or a wood. Fire pits, should remain over concrete, patio blocks, or some other non-flammable surface.
- Keep your fire pit away from any low hanging branches, awnings, or porches.
- Don’t light a fire pit when it is windy.
- To extinguish your fire pit, drown it with water and use a shovel to stir the ashes and ensure the fire is out.
Hopefully you always have a pleasant and safe time while using your fire pit. But if you do run into property fire damage due to it or any other cause SERVPRO of North Highlands / Rio Linda is here 24 hours 7 days a week including holidays with emergency response ready to answer any of you questions or concerns. You can call us at 916-991-1522.
Keeping Our Sacramento Friends Happy
When disaster strikes you need a company you can trust. SERVPRO of North Highlands / Rio Linda has been keeping customers happy in the greater Sacramento area for years. We have the knowledge and equipment to get the job done correctly.
We ensure that all our technicians are professional and highly trained in all aspects of restoration. We have the knowledge and specialized equipment to ensure the job is done correctly. Our specialized equipment like our dehumidifiers and air movers help us dry in a timely manner to get you and your property back into your daily routine.
Our team at SERVPRO of North Highlands / Rio Linda is that trusting company that the customers want to use because we are dependable, knowledgeable, and have exceptional services. If you have any restoration questions or concerns call the experts at SERVPRO of North Highlands / Rio Linda at 916-991-1522.
Does Your Workplace Smell?
Have you noticed a bad smell in your office building after a good rain? Does the smell seem mildewy or moldy? Whether it is one or the other you probably don’t want to be breathing it in on a regular basis every day you come into the office.
A major difference between mold and mildew is how to get rid of them. Household Some people use the word mildew and mold interchangeably. But they are different. cleaning products and a scrubbing brush work on mildew. Once a fungus has been identified as mold, but it’s important to establish what kind of mold it is because the procedure for removing it varies depending on the type.
SERVPRO of North Highlands / Rio Linda specializes in mold cleanup and restoration. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 916-991-1522
April Showers Bring May Flowers
April is around the corner which could mean rain. Is your property prepared? Here are some tricks to help keep rain from coming into your home and causing damage.
- Regular Roof Maintenance – Your roof is the first line of protection from the rain coming down. Even a small crack can create massive water damage throughout your property.
- Keep your Rain Gutters Clear - Blocked rain gutters will force rainwater down your property walls and some of it can seep into the property. This also can encourage mold growth inside of your walls.
- Repair and Seal all your Windows – A broken, or unsealed window will quickly invite water into your property’s walls.
- Sweep Away Debris – Debris such as leaves, plastic, and paper can quickly clop up drains and retain pockets of water against the outer walls of your home causing flooding in your home.
- Create a Slope to Move Water Away From your Property – If you move dirt away from the walls of your property the slopes will lead the water away from your property.
- Install a Divert Downspout at your Property – This is a device added to the bottom of your roof downspout that moves the rainwater four feet away from your home helping protect the foundation.
- Build a Swale Ditch – This is a ditch lined with rocks or pavers it also keeps the rainwater away from your foundation and is usually done with flat yards.
- Exterior French Drain – These are pipes and trenches that are designed to drain groundwater from the property’s foundation.
- Increase the Size of Exterior Drains – The larger your drains are, the less chance they will have to get clogged.
- If flooding caused by rainwater is a reoccurring issue for your property, you may want to – Install a Sump Pump – Installing a sump pump to your foundations makes it so that whenever water rises to a certain level it automatically activates and starts to drain water 10 feet away from your property.
If you are faced with any type of water damage call SERVPRO of North Highlands / Rio Linda today. We have experience mitigating and restoring many properties in the greater Sacramento area after they were affected by all kind of different water caused damage. Call 916-991-1522, with any questions or concerns today.
Do You Have Damage to Your Property Caused by Storm
Spring calls for showers and the beginning of the summer heat. Here in the greater Sacramento area, it can be hot, windy, or rainy in spring. So as far as property damage caused by storm it’s a tossup. You could have fire damage caused by the heat and wind or water damage caused by rain and wind.
Whatever it is, SERVPRO of North Highlands / Rio Linda has you covered. When you own property, you never know when storm related damage is going to occur. Depending on the type and the size of the damage done to your property, you may need your things put into an onsite storage unit while your property is being restored. Our team at SERVPRO of North Highlands / Rio Linda have the resources needed to pack out all your personal belongings in your home. We make it simple, so you don’t have to worry about hiring several different companies.
The next time you have a loss caused by a storm, call the experts at SERVPRO of North Highlands / Rio Linda to restore your property. Give us a call at 916-991-1522.
Fire Hazards in the Backyard
As it gets warmer we will be spending more and more time outdoors and in our backyard. Don’t forget that there can be potential fire hazards to our home in our yard. Here are some fire hazards to take note of while enjoying your yard.
- Barbecue/Grill and Firepits – Help prevent a fire by keeping them away from your house. 10+ feet from your home and away from any overhead branches or structures. Also clean after every use.
- Smoking – Be particularly careful while extinguishing your cigarette, a garbage against a wall provides perfect kindling to send your wall up in flames.
- Extension Cord - Don’t overload your extension cords because this can result in an electrical shortage and bad connections, which will ignite nearby combustibles and quickly start a fire.
- Exposed Light Bulbs – When a light bulb is in the socket it only reaches about 175 degrees Fahrenheit. But an exposed socket can reach up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit, which can easily ignite something causing a fire.
- Sawdust – Keep it swept up a short spark from metal objects or wiring can cause a sawdust pile to quickly ignite.
- Storage Areas - Did you know that your garage, basement, yard shed, and green houses are fire hazards as well? Keep debris and junk away from furnace, heaters, greenhouse lighting, and generators. Don’t pile newspapers or dead leaves in warm damp areas. Keep gasoline or other flammable liquids in tightly sealed metal containers and place them far away from heat sources.
From your friends at the SERVPRO of North Highlands / Rio Linda, we want you all to stay safe and fire free. If you do face a fire and end up with property damage our professional team has the answers you need, call us at (916) 991-1522, or visit our website for more information.
Water Causing Issues in Your Home or Business
Having water available in your home or business is a necessity. But because of this there is a lot of things that can go wrong and cause quite a mess in your property. We have pipes throughout the home that can crack, fixtures that can leak, and of course the regular human error, overflowing sinks, tubs, and toilets.
When water goes where it isn’t supposed to be there isn’t a nice path it’s made to follow it ends up spreading out and following little groves and paths all over the place that you might not even be able to see. Then it wicks up drywall, wooden furniture, and other more porous items.
If not properly dried and taken care of not only will it lead to damage but it can also make an environment favorable for mold growth. SERVPRO of North Highlands / Rio Linda specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business.
When you have water, fire, or mold damage done to your home and need to get your property back to the way it was before your loss, you’re going to want to use a company that you can trust. Most home or business owners want to use a company that has the knowledge and specialized equipment to ensure the job is done correctly. Our specialized equipment like our dehumidifiers and air movers help us dry in a timely manner to get you and your property back into your daily routine.
If you have a water, fire, or mold loss occur in your property, call the experts at SERVPRO of North Highlands / Rio Linda to come help pack out and restore your property. Give us a call at 916-991-1522.
Has Your Business or Home Been Effected by a Storm/Disaster?
What is a storm or national disaster? When you think of a storm you usually think of rain, flooding, winds, hurricanes. But here in the greater Sacramento area when it gets hot we have regular heat warning because for us fires are a pretty regular occurrence.
Did you know that as many as 50% of business close down following a disaster. Therefore, SERVPRO has a disaster ready recovery team. This elite group of large loss specialists are pre-qualified and strategically positioned throughout the U.S. with substantial resources through a network of over 1,7000 franchises.
SERVPRO of North Highlands / Rio Linda has been called to help with the Paradise Camp Fire, Santa Barbara Thomas Fire, Santa Rosa Tubbs Fire, and many other fires in the greater Sacramento area. We have experience cleaning and restoring many homes effected by wildfires, and homes effected by storm caused water damage. If you have any questions and concerns call us today 916-991-1522.
SERVPRO Fire Response Guidelines
The first 48 hours after a fire can make a big difference between restoring vs. replacing your property structure and personal belongings. SERVPRO of North Highlands / Rio Linda sticks to a 1-4-8 service response guideline to help prevent fire damage from causing long term problems.
We provide timely response with mitigation services, ranging from fire, smoke, and soot removal to contents claims inventory and document restoration. These services help ensure your property, belongings, and memories are restored to preloss conditions when possible.
Service Response Guidelines
Exceptions may apply under certain conditions, such as a local catastrophic even or storm situation.
- 1- Within one hour from notice of loss, our SERVPRO professional will contact you to arrange for service.
- 4- Within four hours of loss notification, our professional will be on-site to start mitigation services (if necessary).
- 8- Within eight business hours, a verbal briefing of the scope will be communicated to you by our SERVPRO professional.
SERVPRO of North Highlands / Rio Linda is available 24-hours a day, 365 days a year to help you regain control quickly. Call today with all you questions and concerns, 916-991-1522.